This weekend, Park celebrated commencement ceremonies at our Defense Supply Center-Columbus and Wright-Patterson AFB Campus Centers. In addition to the diplomas marking the completion of a degree, these nearly 100 students also earned membership in the Park University Alumni Association. Like many institutions, Park offers its graduates a number of great benefits with membership in the association. However, unlike many institutions, membership in the Park University Alumni Association is completely free!
With your membership, you can:
- Keep in touch with the latest Park University news. Twice each year, members receive Park Magazine, a print publication with news about Park alumni, updates about Park events throughout the country, and feature stories about outstanding Pirates or programs in the community. You can also subscribe to the monthly e-newsletter.
- Show your Pirate Pride: Park alums are eligible to keep their park.edu email account after graduation, and you can also take advantage of the Park University Alumni Shop, offering Park-branded apparel, glassware and other items. You can also make a more lasting impression on our Parkville campus with a Tribute Brick, displayed outside of the Park Alumni House.
- Network with other Pirate alums around the country: Membership in the Alumni Association gives you access to the PirateLink online community as well as the Park University Alumni Association group on LinkedIn, where you can keep in touch with your classmates and other alumni. Additionally, there are also live face-to-face events, including an upcoming (Nov. 7) networking event in Austin, Texas as well as the annual Alumni Weekend.
- Take advantage of special travel opportunities: Each year, the Alumni Association arranges a show-stopping trip for the Park University community. Previous destinations have included the Italian Riviera, Switzerland, Austria and a Broadway Theatre getaway. In 2015, you’ll have the opportunity to join Park University president Dr. Michael Droge and his wife Molly on a tour of South Africa. Current CIO and Park alumnus David Monchusie ’00 will share the wonders of his homeland.
- Build a Park legacy: With your graduation from Park University, you can help share the legacy of Park through your family with the Marlowe Sherwood Memorial Scholarship. For more details and profiles of recent recipients, visit the Legacy Scholarship Fund page.
For more information on the Park University Alumni Association, visit the association’s page at park.edu, or contact Director of Alumni Relations Julie McCollum at 816-584-6206.